Monday 5 March 2012

A paper cut from start to finish.

This weekend I finished a commissioned piece, a paper cut of Hampton Court Palace to be used as a projection for a theatre show.
I was given a set of pictures, and told that the director liked the chimneys, I chose to work from these two images.


So I then did some rough sketches, which I refined into this design


I then placed the design on top of a sheet of watercolour paper and drew over every line, pressing down so it appeared underneath like this.



Then I spent a very very long time cutting it all out.



I cursed myself for putting so many tiny windows in the design, but eventually I finished every little bit, and it was done.



and I just had to sweep up ALOT of this...

2 comments:

Emce said...

wow, amazing!!

Unknown said...

Wow Robyn how long did this take you? Looks great and proves all worth it in the end.

Related Posts with Thumbnails