Monday 20 February 2012

Selling myself

The worst part of my job is having to be my own marketing department. I find it totally excruciating.
Today I've had to write a blurb explaining that I am utterly wonderful for a grant application, drum up business for my preschool workshops that start tomorrow, and have a meeting about marketing Harrow Open Studios.
Having enough confidence to show people things that I've made, let alone then having enough to tell people that they should pay me money to own those things...well that's a lot more confidence than I possess really.
Once upon a time I'm sure I must have had all the confidence in the world, just like this little girl who happily tells anyone who'll listen that she's 'a very good artist'. Which of course she is.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails